Diabetes Expert Forum
Diabetes or stroke

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Diabetes or stroke

I was sitting on the couch desided to get up and grab a bite to eat. Walked over to the fridge got the door open about 2 inches when I started shaking and convulsing and ended up on the floor face down and weak almost completely cleaned off the counter and stove this is not the first time it has happened and I want it to stop ... Any ideas what it is ?
HI and thanks for  using the forum.

You need to see your regular primary care physician about this.  There are a lot of possible causes for your symptoms including hypoglycemia, seizures, heart problems, etc and you really need to be evaluated to find out what is going on.  I urge you to get checked out ASAP- you would not want something like this to happen while you were driving or taking a bath- this could be very dangerous.  Good luck.

Bridget