Diabetes Expert Forum
Do I have Diabetes??

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Do I have Diabetes??

Ive been having heart pain, i get tired alot as I walk Short & long distance, also if i eat something fried some vein next to my throat hurts, i used to have cholesterol like 3 years ago but now im pregnant im 21 weeks is this diabetes or cholesterol????
When do you have your episodes of heart pain (when you are resting or when you are active)? What does this pain feel like (it is squeezing, stabbing, burning)? When you get tired from walking do you feel like you have shortness of breath or do you just feel tired? Are you experiencing any other symptoms? Are you getting your regular prenatal care?

Do you have a family history of diabetes or heart disease or any other type of disease that runs in the family?

Are you currently on any medications?

From the symptoms you described, it does not appear to be diabetes related, but it is still possible that you might have gestational diabetes which your healthcare provider should be checking for. As for your cholesterol you need your blood drawn to check the levels.
It happens whenever laying down standing cleaning or as i eat and my mom had gestational diabetes in one of her pregnancys and i get tiredwalking i feel shortness of breath and the chest pain is like a stabbing feeeling i press where it hurts and it helps me pass the painn
It is possible that you might have stable angina. This is when the vessels of your heart, the coronary vessels, are partially clogged so when you increase your activity the heart may not be getting enough blood so you feel pain. The shortness of breath maybe due to back up blood into your lungs causing pulmonary edema because your heart is not doing an efficient job of pumping the blood to the rest of your body. The only sure way to diagnose these things is to see your physician so that they can run tests.

Another possibility is that your growing baby is compressing on your inferior vena cava (one of the vessels that leads blood back to your heart) so that your heart is not getting enough venous return. A suggestion would back to lay on your left side on the bed to see if that helps.

In my personal opinion, you should really tell your doctor about these problems before the escalate any further

- Gary, medical student