My father is a diabetes patient who lives in South Asia. He is looked after by my brother who is a physian (pathologist) there.
My father is currently having some issues with Neuropathy. Since I live in Canada, my brother asked me to consult with a physician
from North America as he thinks there may be advanced medicines to help my father. My brother sent me the case history of my father
and he also sent two questions. Please read them and any answer would be appreciated.
1. Severe weakness and parasthesia for 6 months.
2. Severe Gastric irritation for 6 month.
3. Burning sensation of whole body all day long during gastric exacerbation.
History of present illness:-
1. DM for 20years. RBS is within normal limit with medication of soluble insulin.
2. Neuropathy and Gastroperesis due to long time DM.
History of past illness:-
1. Steven-Johnson syndrome 30 yrs back.
Drug (medication) history:-
1. Sulpher sensitive patient
2. Now patient is taking the following drugs:
a. Insulin. Mixtard 30 (22+0+6unit)
b. Tab. Neuro B( Vit B1+B6+B12)
c. Tab. Mecobalamin.
d. Cap. Rabeprazole.
e. Tab. Flupenticzole+ Melitracin
1. If there any supplement preparation that can reduce the symptom of Neuropathy and gastroperesis?
2. If there any enzyme preparation that can help in digestion of a patient of gastroperesis and reduce the symptom of gastric irritation?
We are so sorry to hear about your father. Unfortunately, we cannot offer medical diagnoses or drug recommendations via the Internet. Only the doctor who is treating your father can do that. Before offering any medication suggestions we would need to physically examine your father and run appropriate tests – which is not something MedHelp offers. I don’t know where you father is in South Asia, but we suggest he try to see a doctor who is affiliated with a large teaching hospital in the country. We wish your family all the best and hope that your father finds the help he needs very soon.
Copyright 1994-2017MedHelp International.All rights reserved. MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.