Diabetes Expert Forum
Feeling shakey(shaky).
About This Forum:

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Feeling shakey(shaky).

Hi. I am a 34 year old woman who has in the past been more physically active, and exercised, but currently work two jobs and does not exercise.  I mildly watch what I eat. When I eat pasta and rice it is whole wheat or brown.  It seems there are times (not always) when i eat a meal, that does not appear that carb heavy to me, and i feel hypoglycemic after I eat.  I get sweaty, shaky, difficulty with thinking, I feel light-headed and like my heart is racing and I feel like I always need to take several deep breaths.  I usually either sit down for a while or grab some chocolate and it goes away.

So this morning I had 2 pieces of olive oil buttered wheat toast, and 2 whole eggs mixed with cheese, red/green peppers slices, chicken breast (about 3-4oz), and 1/3 cup hash brown like shredded potatoes.  And a glass of V8 fruit Splash juice.  And about 1-1 1/2 hours later I felt this weakness, hypoglycemic feeling like I had to stop working on cleaning the house and sit down.

Does this sound like anything treatable?  Or something serious?  Diabetes does run in my mom's side of the family, but I know traditional diabetics have too much sugar and not enough insulin, and it seems I have enough insulin without enough glucose.  I don't want to eat simple sugars, but I feel like when I eat the more refined sugar that takes longer to process is when I have these episodes.  

Any suggestions??

Thank you.