Diabetes Expert Forum
Follow up to BS & Stress-Insulin timing
About This Forum:

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Follow up to BS & Stress-Insulin timing

Thanks for your response.  Actually, I do take oral meds--ActoPlus Met twice daily.  Regarding Lantus, as I mentioned, I take 6 units @ bedtime.  If I increase somewhat, will it help the glucose levels at all for the rest of the day?  I know 6 units is not much.  My doctor did mention increasing but only if my lowest number was above 200 which it hasn't been yet.  I  know insulin is supposed to be taken at the same time every day.  I take mine @ bedtime, but my bedtime varies greatly, by as much as 2-3 hours daily.  If I take it at 2:20 am one night (morning), and then @ 4:15 am the next night, does that affect the numbers?  I would prefer to take it every evening around 10:00 or 11:00 pm.  That way I am assured of same timing.  I assume my doctor advised me to take it at bedtime because my blood sugar was always high in the morning and possibly to minimize any low readings as I would be asleep.  I NEVER have low readings--I thing 97 was as low as I have been in 10 years.