Diabetes Expert Forum
High blood sugar

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

High blood sugar

I m Type-1 diabetic from last 15 years and my blood sugar level used to be under control but from last 2 Weeks, my sugar level fluctuates a lot. Fasting blood sugar is nearly around 300 : before dinner around 500 and after dinner its around 400.There is no change in my diet,exercise or my daily routine pattern. Even I take short acting insulin(novorapid) when my sugar level goes beyond 300 but it doesn't make much difference.
I m really worried.as I know in long run high sugar can affect d working of other body parts &I m clueless that y my sugar level is so high even aftr maintaining strong diet control.
plz help
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

Is there anything different going on with you?  Have you been sick or under stress?  YOu need to see your primary care physician.  It may be that you need to have your medications adjusted.  Call your primary care and make an appointment- be sure to let them know that your blood sugars have been uncharacteristically high.  You need to be evaluated.  Good luck.

Bridget
Hello Ma'am!!
No, there is no change in my daily routine and I'm not at all having any sort of stress but I'm suffering from mood swings when my sugar goes extremely high from last few days.

I had visited my doc and now I am waiting for my HbA1C and other test reports.
But seriously thanks for your kind help
hi.. I as well am a type 1 well that is what I was originally told by my pcp. after further eval we have found out I am 1.5... I am a type 1 but with trates of type two neing insullin resistance. see if ur doctor can run the nessesary tests to determine if u are resistant to insulin. I added metformin to my regamine and it helps with the breakdown of my insulin. but it can also meamln with sugars so high ur kidneys may be disbursing gllucose. which can be a minor infection. all these are questions to ask ur pcp... hope it helps.
Hieee...
My HbA1C is 11 and I know it's  very high. My doc had increased my dose but it is not helping me that much and now I am worried about my high sugar level. I always believe that Diabeties is just a deficiency and not a disease but now I am stressed & trying 2 b very optimistic but it's not working..I don't want to die with sum Diabetic complication...Can anyone suggest me why there is so rapid change in my sugar level?? Or is there any other medicine which can be taken to maintain a normal blood sugar level...Right now, I am taking Novomix 30 (biphasic insulin aspart) and Volibo 0.2 (twice in a day-breakfast and Dinner time)...Plz help