Diabetes Expert Forum
How high does your glucose have to be before you have Type 2 Diabetes

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Thank you Doctor for being here to answer my question.  I have AIH and was treated and cleared of HCV two years ago.  My last blood work in May showed my glucose to be on what they said was the high side at 101.  Could this be the cause of my hands shaking and if so what do I need to do to bring down my glucose level, I really don't want to become a diabetic also if that is possible.  Type 2 is in the family and I am hoping I can prevent it if I am not there already.  Where can I find a diet to stop this? My brother who had it is deceased and other persons I have asked does not give me a diet so I am lost.  Thank you for any help you can offer.

A glucose of 1010 is barely on the not-normal side if it was fasting. Normal is now in the range up to 99mg/dL and it is also known that many people can test just out of range on one day and perfectly in range on anther So the best thing to do right now is get yourself retested formally--with a fasting glucose and/or 2 hour oral glucose tolerance test.
Do not worry about this too much right now. In the meantime try to do the best for your body anyway--get some exercise working your way up to 30 minutes five days a week, and dietary changes to increase fiber healthy foods and decrease simple sugars and junk foods. These are the changes you will make for diabetes anyway, so might as well get started on a healthy course while you figure this out.
Take care.