Diabetes Expert Forum
How high does your glucose have to be before you have Type 2 Diabetes
About This Forum:

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

How high does your glucose have to be before you have Type 2 Diabetes

Thank you Doctor for being here to answer my question.  I have AIH and was treated and cleared of HCV two years ago.  My last blood work in May showed my glucose to be on what they said was the high side at 101.  Could this be the cause of my hands shaking and if so what do I need to do to bring down my glucose level, I really don't want to become a diabetic also if that is possible.  Type 2 is in the family and I am hoping I can prevent it if I am not there already.  Where can I find a diet to stop this? My brother who had it is deceased and other persons I have asked does not give me a diet so I am lost.  Thank you for any help you can offer.