Diabetes Expert Forum
Incontinence

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Incontinence
I am non-insulin dependent diabetic type II, 56 yr old male, and am developing urinary incontinence. I take a prescribed diuretic. Any ideas how to control incontinence?
Before we jump towards controlling it, have you been evaluated to determine why you have it? You are fairly young, and barring other medical conditions, I would not expect you to develop this unless you have a urinary tract infection or your diabetes has been very poorly controlled. I think you should first see a urologist for an evaluation. They are also likely best to advise you on the best ways of controlling it.
Sorry I could not offer more specific advice regarding your question. I am sure the diuretic is having some effect on this also, so perhaps you can discuss other alternatives with your doctor.
Take care.