Diabetes Expert Forum
Incontinence
About This Forum:

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Incontinence

I am non-insulin dependent diabetic type II, 56 yr old male, and am developing urinary incontinence. I take a prescribed diuretic. Any ideas how to control incontinence?
Related Discussions
291531_tn?1193614293
Hi,
Before we jump towards controlling it, have you been evaluated to determine why you have it? You are fairly young, and barring other medical conditions, I would not expect you to develop this unless you have a urinary tract infection or your diabetes has been very poorly controlled. I think you should first see a urologist for an evaluation. They are also likely best to advise you on the best ways of controlling it.
Sorry I could not offer more specific advice regarding your question. I am sure the diuretic is having some effect on this also, so perhaps you can discuss other alternatives with your doctor.
Take care.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank