Diabetes Expert Forum
Introducing the Diabetes Tracker

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Introducing the Diabetes Tracker

We're pleased to announce the MedHelp Diabetes Tracker, the twenty-third in a series of Personal Health Applications (PHAs) geared towards helping our members keep track of health metrics, symptoms, treatments, test results and events.

With the Diabetes Tracker, members with Type 1 Diabetes (juvenile), Type 2 Diabetes (adult-onset) and gestational diabetes can track glucose or blood sugar levels at regular intervals, the units of insulin taken, carbs consumed, and results of the A1c test. You can store your glucose readings for Before/After Breakfast, Before/After Lunch, Before/After Dinner, Before/After Exercise or Activity, and Before Bedtime. In addition, you'll be able to track how much of each insulin type you've taken - rapid-acting, short-acting, intermediate-acting, long-acting, and mix.

The MedHelp Diabetes Tracker allows you to track symptoms, treatments, and events related to diabetes. In addition, you can write down your daily thoughts and feelings in a journal. Based on the data you provide, some useful statistics are provided to help you manage your diabetes. You can also email the tracker to your doctor or print the chart to take to your doctor appointments.

You can access the Diabetes Tracker by clicking on the "Trackers" link at the top of the Diabetes communities, from My MedHelp or by going directly to http://www.medhelp.org/trackers/list/41 or http://www.medhelp.org/land/diabetes-tracker .

We plan on adding more functionality to the Diabetes Tracker over the next few weeks and would love to get your suggestions and feedback. If you want to track a specific symptom or event, let us know. Please post your comments in the MedHelp Suggestions community, accessible via My Shortcuts.

Best,
MedHelp
1 Comment
My blood sugars are all over the place.  In the mornings, my fasting blood sugars are below, way below 80.  I'm talking like around 55 or 60.  During the day, they can range anywhere in the neighborhood of 150 to 195. Dinner time, maybe 175-200.  At bedtime, they can be over 250.  I do take Lantus at night (20 units).  I take Novolog during the day, 5 units with breakfast and dinner, with a sliding scale as well.  I also take oral medications as well (Metformin 1000 mg, 2 x daily; Glyburide, 10 mg, 2 x daily).  I want to find out what to do.  I talked to my doctor about 3 weeks ago, and at that time, I was taking 25 units of Lantus at night, along with my other meds.  At that time, he said everything looked good.  I don't know what to do.
A related discussion, newly diagnosed was started.
A related discussion, type 2 diabetes was started.
A related discussion, Monitoring diabetes type 2 was started.
A related discussion, insulin was started.