Diabetes Expert Forum
Leg Pain

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Leg Pain

I am a 48 year old white female.  I have CHF, cardiomyopathy, MVP, diabetes, hypothryodism, osteoarthritis, neuropathy.  I am experiencing a new pain in my right leg where the neuropathy is the worst.  I have one spot on the side of my lower leg that is constant pain.  I can not get it relieved no matter what I do.  Usually it hurts when I stand or walk for a few minutes.  I have to sit down to get it relieved, but since yesterday, I can't get it relieved.  I take Neurotin.  It really don't help, but it has never been this bad.  My question is, is this the neuropathy or could it be a blood clot or something?  My leg has no fever or swelling.  Thank You
It is good there is no swelling or fever. Is this one particular "spot" or a region on the leg? If it is one specific spot, it may some worsened neuropathy, some muscle involvement or even an underlying infection in the bone. If it is a region on your leg, or involving entire muscles it may be your neuropathy again, but also could be a clot or peripheral vascular disease(where your mucles do not get enough blood flow and oxygen). I think you should have your primary physician or a nearby urgent care center/ER examine your leg as soon as possible to make sure it is not something serious like a clot. And if it is not, then speak with your primary about other possible causes and tests that can be done.
I have the exact same problem, was on neurotin but I stopped because it was not helping. I have facet joint disease and some disc degenaration in the lumbar plus slight narrowing, could that be the reason? It is in the right lower leg the most and ankle area but it does run from my butt down and is never releived by rest, it is there as soon as I get up in the morning and start walking. I have Hashimotos and neuropathy issues.
I was also told I have adrenal insuff. as well and I am on 10mg hydrocortisone AM and PM plus 75mcg Synthroid