Diabetes Expert Forum
Leg Pain
About This Forum:

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Leg Pain

I am a 48 year old white female.  I have CHF, cardiomyopathy, MVP, diabetes, hypothryodism, osteoarthritis, neuropathy.  I am experiencing a new pain in my right leg where the neuropathy is the worst.  I have one spot on the side of my lower leg that is constant pain.  I can not get it relieved no matter what I do.  Usually it hurts when I stand or walk for a few minutes.  I have to sit down to get it relieved, but since yesterday, I can't get it relieved.  I take Neurotin.  It really don't help, but it has never been this bad.  My question is, is this the neuropathy or could it be a blood clot or something?  My leg has no fever or swelling.  Thank You
Related Discussions
291531_tn?1193614293
Hi,
It is good there is no swelling or fever. Is this one particular "spot" or a region on the leg? If it is one specific spot, it may some worsened neuropathy, some muscle involvement or even an underlying infection in the bone. If it is a region on your leg, or involving entire muscles it may be your neuropathy again, but also could be a clot or peripheral vascular disease(where your mucles do not get enough blood flow and oxygen). I think you should have your primary physician or a nearby urgent care center/ER examine your leg as soon as possible to make sure it is not something serious like a clot. And if it is not, then speak with your primary about other possible causes and tests that can be done.
3 Comments
Blank
251991_tn?1239299630
I have the exact same problem, was on neurotin but I stopped because it was not helping. I have facet joint disease and some disc degenaration in the lumbar plus slight narrowing, could that be the reason? It is in the right lower leg the most and ankle area but it does run from my butt down and is never releived by rest, it is there as soon as I get up in the morning and start walking. I have Hashimotos and neuropathy issues.
Blank
251991_tn?1239299630
I was also told I have adrenal insuff. as well and I am on 10mg hydrocortisone AM and PM plus 75mcg Synthroid
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank