Diabetes Expert Forum
Low Blood Sugar
About This Forum:

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Low Blood Sugar

I've NEVER had low blood sugars. In fact I used to get excited when it would get down to 90 because I knew I was where my doctor wanted me. But the last 2 days at around 11 a.m. (5 hours after breakfast) even though I had snacked on apples/peanut butter, I started to feel my sugar drop. Of course then I get the rush of anxiety which makes things worse but I've never had my sugar drop like this and its a bit scary. Today when I took my sugars even though I'd eaten an apple and peanut butter only 1/2 hour earlier, my sugar went down to 64. I drank some OJ and I'm waiting a few more minutes to take my sugar to see if the OJ boosts it up where it belongs but I've never had this happen. I eat the same thing for breakfast. Any reason why suddenly my sugars are dropping?