Diabetes Expert Forum
Low insulin
About This Forum:

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Low insulin

Hello. I just had my glucose tested and it came back as 99 mg/dL. Doctor said it is on the little high side.  I am 4' 11" and my weight is 115 lb. Then doctor ordered some more tests. Results are as follows:

HGBA1C %     -5.1
INSULIN           -<2
GLUCOSE, RANDOM   93
GLUCOSE, FASTING     93

Are these levels normal? Insulin seems low, what does it mean?
Thank you
Related Discussions
291531_tn?1193614293
Hi,
Your values are not concerning at this time. Your repeated fasting glucose of 93 normal(the new normal value is less than 100). Your insulin levels do not really say anything here. They could be low because your blood sugar was normal and there was no need for alot of insulin at this time. If you or your doctor are concerned about insulin production, you can check simultaneous glucose and c-peptide levels.
For now, try to increase your exercise and follow healthy eating habits. You are not overweight in general unless you are of Asian ethnicity, in which case some weight loss may help you.
Hope this answers your questions.Take care.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank