Diabetes Expert Forum
Missed 3 doses of Metformin

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Missed 3 doses of Metformin
Hi!  I am 4 weeks pregnant!!  Yaay!  I found out on Sat and assumed that I should stop taking the Metformin. I found out today that I should continue ESP during my 1st trimester. Just wondering if there are major concerns with the fact that I missed 3.5 doses of the meds. I was diagnosed w IGT. Thanks!!
HI and thanks for using the forum.  

I think you are probably OK.  Continue to take the medication now as your doctor prescribed and stop when your doctor tells you too.  Don't get too stressed about this and Congratulations!!!

Bridget
Metformin is not ban in the US. Check with the FDA, it's ban in Europe!