Diabetes Expert Forum
Pain in Feet

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Pain in Feet

I have recently been diagnosed with Neuropothy(spell ck) and have tried Nerotin was gettign SEVERE leg cramps at night.Now I switched to Lyrica for 3 days.... Have not noticed pain help yet... I was diagnosed with Diabetes 30 months ago and have been in retail for 20 years on concrete floors my entire adult life... My feet HURT, after just a short while on them... Been to podiatrist and orthopedic, no help.... Im currently out of work and fear long term disability!   What next?

Marty
I think perhaps giving the Lyrica a bit more time to show its effect is the first thing. You may also be able to increase the dose after speaking with your doctor in future, to see if this helps. There are also other medications that can be used for diabetic neuropathy, so don't despair. If your doctor is having difficulty finding a treatment that works, you should request a referral to a neurologist who specializes in neuropathy--they will always be the most up to date on treatments. It is also very important to ensure your blood sugars are well controlled because high numbers will worsen the neuropathy.

Take care.