Diabetes Expert Forum
Please help!!!

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Please help!!!

I am 18 years old and I have been having the same problem since I was 14. It started with going from a cold to warm to cold place, I would get blurred vision and hearing, I would gag, be very clammy, and pale and get close to or pass out. It used to only happen once every few years, but over the years it has been progressing. And now it is once every few weeks. A few months back I had a case where I stood up to walk from the living room to the kitchen and the blurred vision and hearing came so I grabbed the door frame to try and stabilize myself. The next thing I remember is waking up shaking very bad like full body convulsions and not knowing where I was untill I got a good look around the room, a few weeks later the same thing happened in the middle of walmart . After these attachs I am able to get up and walk away like nothing happened. I'm hoping to get an experts thoughts on my situation. This all can happen at anytime anywhere anytime of the year.
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

The best thing for you to do is to see your primary care physician about this.  There are a number of possible causes for your symptoms (low blood sugar, low blood pressure, dehydration, anemia, etc.) and you would really need to have a physical and some general blood work to start to sort through it all.  Make an appointment to see your doctor so you can start figuring out what is going on.    Good luck.

Bridget