Diabetes Expert Forum
Psychotic Episodes!!!!!
About This Forum:

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Psychotic Episodes!!!!!

My Mother-in-Law has diabetes. She takes pills and needles. She is a heavy cocaine user as well.
About a week ago she started having sporadic abnormal spells. She started throwing away her clothing , she went after her husband with a frying pan and a knife, she was doing cocaine on Christmas Eve into Christmas day and was admitted to the hospital on the 26th with a Kidney Infection. She had blood sugar levels of 19-20 and discharged herself when they got to 14. She went home and slept and stayed in her room until yesterday the 29th. When I phoned her she came to the phone covered in her own feces. She was standing there rubbing it on her arms and face and smiling at her husband, she had rubbed it all over the walls and floor. She acting like nothing was wrong. We got her to the hospital finally. She is not herself at all. She failed the psychiatric test with flying colors. She is now going for a CT scan and we have to wait for that. Can it be from the drug abuse why she is acting this way? Could it have been a stroke? Anything you can tell me would be helpful. We are very worried.