Diabetes Expert Forum
Question regarding Blood Test

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Question regarding Blood Test

I had my blood test done in September of last year (2012) Fasting sugar 128 . After about a month I had my A1c done it was 6.1 ( this was done when I was travelling out of country. I was able to lower it to A1c 6.0 on diet and exercise. Since then life has been really stressful and chaotic. Recently I had 3 month test done and the fasting came to be 99 and A1C came back 6.7 ( this was done in US). My doctor says that its just a reading a the time of the blood draw. Do any of you experts see this as a problem . What test should I get to find the cause of it .Sometime my morning sugar levels are in the 90's , but sometimes in the  range of 119 to 125. Please provide me with your professional Opinion.