Diabetes Expert Forum
Type II Diabetis

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Type II Diabetis
I have uncontrolled type II Diabetis. How many carbs should I keep it you for each meal and how many for a snack?

My son does and his doc said not to go over 30 grams of carbs in a two hour window. Also 75 percent of his daily calories should come from carbs. That's what it says.
Carbs raise BG
ALL carbs raise BG

I eat under 30 carbs/meal and I take insulin to boot

before you reduce your carbs, are you on any meds?  some meds force the pancreas to put out extra insulin.  If your on that type of med and reduce your carbs you could go hypo.

get a BG meter and test before you eat and test 1 hour after eating if your BG goes up more than 40 PTS (US measure or 2.3 for everyone else) you are eating more carbs than your body can handle.

If your BG is over 140 you are on your way to getting complications.