Diabetes Expert Forum
Urine

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Urine
I have been diagnosed as a diabetic several months back and am just starting to come to terms with it after a month of denial and ignoring it.  I have always had irregular periods and now notice that when I pass urine, there is faint blood on my toilet paper.  At times there is blood on my underwear.  I do not know if there is blood in my urine or I am having a very faint period.  If it is blood in my urine, is this bad?
In general, unless you are menstruating at the time(and thus hard to get a clean sample), you  should not have blood in your urine . This usually means something is amiss. This can be as simple as a urine infection, or can me more(a kidney stone etc). Please speak with your gynecologist about this soon so that they can get a complete history and do an exam for further evaluation.
Take care.
Thank you very much for that, I will.