Weird tongue issue
I've had a weird tongue ever since I can remember. When I was a kid, my parents never took me to the doctor for anything. So now I'm 26 years old and terrified of doctors offices, needles, the works. But now I'm noticing I'm having an inner ear issue, my tongue is getting worse everyday, and my neck is in constant pain, tingling in hands and tons of anxiety! I've read a ton of internet stuff about Candida overgrowth and I'm quite sure that's what I have. However I've had this since i was around 16 years old. Could this oral thrush be caused by underlying diabetes condition? My mom's side of the family has a history of diabetes, but my mom does not have it. My dad's side just has high blood pressure issues but nothing serious. Have had panic attacks ever since I was 10 years old when my parents divorced. I'm very functional in society and have a high stress sales job. I need some direction on where to go, what to do, how to feel better again. What kind of doctor do I see? I have insurance, I just know nothing about the medical field.
Thanks for using the forum.

I think you should start by making an appointment with a primary care physician. This is the doctor who you would see for an annual physical and call if you were not feeling well. The doctor will most likely examine you and order any necessary blood tests to get an idea of your general health. Then if there are areas of concern, that doctor can give you referrals to specialists in other fields of medicine.

I hope this helps.

Cathy