Diabetes Expert Forum
What on earth is wrong with me?! Blood sugar?

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Every time I eat I become so shaky and weak that the feeling is that I could start fitting (I'm sure I wouldn't, but that's how I feel). I just feel so extremely strange. I had a vegetable pastry thing and baked beans for lunch, and I've been like this for hours. It's making me not want to eat as anything triggers it. It is really a very horrible feeling.

I have been on 150mg of Pregabalin for nerve pain and 60mg of Ranitidine since December 2011.

Any ideas what could be happening?
HI and thanks for using the forum

The best thing for you to do would be to see your regular doctor about this.  He or she can do a physical and check some basic blood work to make sure your bloodwork (including your glucose levels) are ok.  This would be a good start for getting to the bottom of this.  Good luck.

Bridget
For anyone that finds this in their searches, it turns out that I actually have Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS). Autonomic testing showed a drop in blood pressure after eating which is causing these symptoms!