Diabetes Expert Forum
What on earth is wrong with me?! Blood sugar?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What on earth is wrong with me?! Blood sugar?

Every time I eat I become so shaky and weak that the feeling is that I could start fitting (I'm sure I wouldn't, but that's how I feel). I just feel so extremely strange. I had a vegetable pastry thing and baked beans for lunch, and I've been like this for hours. It's making me not want to eat as anything triggers it. It is really a very horrible feeling.

I have been on 150mg of Pregabalin for nerve pain and 60mg of Ranitidine since December 2011.

Any ideas what could be happening?
796253_tn?1344994932
HI and thanks for using the forum

The best thing for you to do would be to see your regular doctor about this.  He or she can do a physical and check some basic blood work to make sure your bloodwork (including your glucose levels) are ok.  This would be a good start for getting to the bottom of this.  Good luck.

Bridget
2 Comments
Blank
For anyone that finds this in their searches, it turns out that I actually have Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS). Autonomic testing showed a drop in blood pressure after eating which is causing these symptoms!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
5289563_tn?1366052034
Cathleen Zoretic, RNBlankBlank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979