Diabetes Expert Forum
When should I go to the Emergency room?

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

When should I go to the Emergency room?
I was diagnosed with Diabetes type 2 on tuesday June 17, 2008.  I feel very weak is this normal?  Should I go to the emergency room?
There are many reasons for your feeling weak, some of which may not be related to diabetes at all. If you feel unwell it is always best to be evaluated by medical professionals just to be sure. If you have a glucose meter, start checking on your own to se if blood sugars are an issue right now. Otherwise I think you should seek some medical assistance.
Take care.

My doctor says I am a diabetic and sugar is poison I have tested my blood sugar alot for instant I like to eat honey nut cherio in the morning I wake take synthroid 50 and blood sugar is 95 and eat cereal it goes to 140 and comes down quickly before lunch can be 85 I donot see it getting really high unless I do something crazy like subway honeywheat bread can make it185 a turkey sandwich with oil and vinegar I take nothing for the diabetes honey nut I am having a problem giving up