Diabetes Expert Forum
autonomic
About This Forum:

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

autonomic

Can Autonomic neuropathy hide what your blood glucose is? Even with meds for Adult Type II Diabetes my Accu-CHEK monitoring never seems to be right. It runs from 135, 145,200 and even up to 300 once. My a1c is always good, 5.5, 6.0 even before I started meds for Adult Type II Diabetes and even after starting meds it stays the same.
    I just found out I had Autonomic neuropathy in 2002 but another Doctor fond in my military medical records that I was diagnosed in 1977 with Autonomic neuropathy in the Army but the Army never said a word or started me on meds to help me! I was in the Marines first and went to Vietnam and I know I was exposed to Agent Orange in NAM.
    I read, Diabetic autonomic neuropathy (DAN) is among the least recognized and understood complications of diabetes despite its significant negative impact on survival and quality of life in people with diabetes.
    Does this mean I  could have had Adult Type II Diabetes back in 1977 and not even know it?

Thanks Don USMC/US ARMY SEMPER-FI TO ALL MARINES OUT THERE!... ***@****
Please help!