Diabetes Expert Forum
blood sugar 262

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

blood sugar 262

it is my first time i checked myself for cholesterol 168 and my blood sugar cam out as high as 262, is it a sign of any diabet symptom? what you sugest me doing?
If that was your total cholesterol, it is not too bad, but if it was your LDL(low density cholesterol) it is a bit on the high side.  Your blood sugar definitely was high, even if it was taken after eating.
I suggest you speak with your primary doctor soon to arrange for a fasting blood sugar to be done, as well as meet with a dietician to start on changes in your diet. Some daily exercise will help, regardless of if you need to lose a significant amount of weight or not. Until you meet with the dietician, start cutting back on all sweet , sugary foods and junk foods. Try to have more lean meats and fruits/veggies as well as high fiber foods. Please do  speak with your doctor soon as you may also need to start on medication.
Take care.