Diabetes Expert Forum
boils symptom of diabetes

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

boils symptom of diabetes

I had a glucose test 3 weeks ago and it was in the normal range, never had a history of high levels.  I woke up this morning with a boil on my inner thigh and my sister said it could be a symptom of diabetes. I also had a cbc that was normal. Is she correct? Could I go from normal glucose level to diabetic level so quickly? I am a bit nervous now.

Thanks in advance!
Thanks for using the forum.

. If you have no history of elevated blood glucose, it is unlikely diabetes is the cause of your boil. It is more likely just a small area of skin infection caused maybe by an ingrown hair or clogged pore. I would recommend cleansing the area with mild soap and water. You could apply a topical antiseptic such as neosporin. If the infection does not clear up, or you notice increased redness, swelling, or pain at the site, have your doctor take a look at it.

I hope this helps

Cathy
Ecentuly its an infection,  Do out of control diabetics get more infections ,yes  do all boil's mean diabetes NO   Very unlikely you would from normal to out of control diabetic in 3 weeks.  

No boils are NOT a sign of diabetes
I had a boil on my inner thigh and it turned into a nasty infection and since I had a history of Mersa it made it worse.  it was the size of a baseball.  Diabetes played a roll in that incident.