Diabetes Expert Forum
diabetes

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

diabetes

After some blood tests my mother was diagnosed with diabetes. still do not know which type it is,  just know she has a blood sugar of 280 mg.Next week  will find out exactly what type of diabetes is.Please let me know through strict diet and treatment is there a chance of cure. Mention that my mother is 58 years old, 1.70 tall and weighs 80 kg.This diagnosis I heard only yesterday.please  help us !!!thank  you!!!
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

There is currently no "cure" for diabetes.  However, with proper diet, exercise and tight blood sugar control, diabetes can be managed.  Sometimes, diet, exercise and life style changes are enough to keep blood sugars in a healthy range.  Sometimes, medications are need to help keep blood sugars under control.  Your mother's doctor will go through a lot of information with you regarding your mother and her diagnosis.  Bring a pen/paper with you for the appointment so you can write down any important information that you get.  Also, there is a lot of information available to you on the internet (such as the American Diabetes Association website) that can be really helpful and informative.  Good luck to you and your mom.

Bridget
Thanks for your answer! We will  try  to  change our lifestyle and  to  have  better care of  our health.God bless you!
dont wry ,bitter gourd juice is best remedie for this and dont give her much food at a time split that food quantity in 4-5 times because food converted into glucose which increases sugar...
and black tea is also useful in this...
I agree with the heykevin as i experienced it personally! More over walk as you can even it help us to control our diabetics!