Diabetes Expert Forum
dropping blood sugar
About This Forum:

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
dropping blood sugar
I have noticed that recently, my bllod sugar has been dropping after eating meals. I tend to eat well, avoiding simple carbs and refined foods. I used to get bouts of low blood sugar in my 20's and at the beginning of my first pregnancy, but have never had complications. the hypoglycemic reactions began about a week ago, returning after about 3 1/2 years of no symptoms. What can cause this? Also, why does it not suubside with meals? Should I consume protein when my blood sugar drops, or more carbohydrates?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
291531_tn?1193614293
HI,
First thing: carbs for low blood sugars, always. Start with simple carbs t pull your blood sugars up wuickly and then have a small amount of more complexed carb, like crackers and peanut butter, to sustain the blood sugar.

There could be many reasons(pregnancy, infections, change in kidney function etc) for a sudden increase in low blood sugars, so you should speak with your doctor right away.Please try to avoid driving until this issue is resolved.

Take care.

Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now