Diabetes Expert Forum
gestational diabetes

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

gestational diabetes
I have gestational diabetes and taking glyburide medication. It makes me weak and i dont know if it would cause my baby any harm during the pregnancy.. im 7 months also
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

Congratulations on your pregnancy.  You should always discuss your concerns with your ob/gyn and/or your endocrinologist.  They will help you to understand your treatment and the best options for you and your baby.

Glyburide is considered safe during pregnancy and is effective in controlling blood sugars.  If you are experiencing weakness when taking the glyburide you should discuss this with your doctor.  Are you monitoring your blood sugars? Have they been under control? high? low?  These are all important pieces of information to bring with you when you see your doctor and will help him/her plan your treatment.  Good luck!

Bridget