glucophage and graves disease
im totally frustrated...i have had graves disease for 10 years and have felt great.. in january of this year i was diagnosed with type 2...since losing 25 pounds and taking glucophage i have thrown my body in to a mess...my thyroid is totally off im on a roller coaster...dropping the millagrams on synthroid...recently had to go back up...i feel glucophage or something has affected the dosage on my synthroid....help...im not the "according to the book" person and should wait 6 to 8 weeks for tsh levels...about the 5th week on the new dosage start having the palpitations...i feel great when starting the new dosage and then the palpitations start and my dr..  wants me to wait 6 to 8 weeks for tsh...   IM FRUSTRATED....HELP PLEASE

jean ann barbour
***@****
The glucophage can indeed make people feel strange. Be sure to take your thyroid hormone alone, away from other medications to decrease chances of interference. If you are losing weight while on glucophage, that is likely why your thyroid dose is changing around.
You can ask your doctor to check free thyroid hormone levels(Free T3 and Free T4) in between changes in dose if you feel strange--those do not have to wait 6-8 weeks for equilibration.
Take care.