Diabetes Expert Forum
high risk pregnancy

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

high risk pregnancy
I've been taking insulin for a few months now I'm currently 35+4days pregnant and I've ran out of my Novolin NPH. What I'm wondering is.. would it be okay to take Lantis insulin in replacement of the NPH??
HI and thanks for using the forum.

I would not substitute anything until you speak with your ob/gyn-  call the on call doctor if your doctor is not available (a doctor is always on call).   He or she can probably call in a prescription for you so that you can continue to use the medication that has been working for you.  I would definitely not substitute without getting the approval of your doctor.  Good luck and you are ALMOST there!

Bridget