Diabetes Expert Forum
high sugar

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

high sugar
My sugar is 248 should I go to the emergency room
Thanks for using the forum.

I would not go to the ER for a sugar of 248, but I do recommend speaking with your doctor. Do you take insulin or medication that needs adjustment? Did you eat something that you usually avoid? Consult with your doctor to see what you can do to keep your glucose from spiking like that.

Cathy
Usually not for that sugar.  But I would contact your MD. do you have any other symptoms?  I think the standard ER time is if BG is over 400
The big question is why is it high?