Diabetes Expert Forum
is this possible

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

is this possible

I am 51 yrs old 5'8 -175lbs - non smoker and have had yearly physicals and blood tests for the past 8 years and never had a fasting glucose level over 100 - my last blood was drawn in Sept. this year and that one was 84 - in the middle of Dec. I started having pain and tingling in my hands and feet - is it possible to have Diabetes and those symptoms that quickly after having good levels

It is possible to have those symptoms related to even a pre-diabetes state, although it is not common. A 2-hour glucose tolerance test will help determine if you have pre-diabetes.

You can have those symptoms from other issues however, so if all your glucose testing is normal then your doctor should start looking into other possibilities.
take care.

1 Comment
A related discussion, Non diabetic sugar spikes was started.
A related discussion, Blood glucose test what do results mean please? was started.