Diabetes Expert Forum
pain in left upper leg and groin

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

pain in left upper leg and groin

I have experienced pain  in my left leg for about 3 to 4 months now.If I cross my legs when sat down I get a strong pain in my knee on the left side.My inner thigh is sore also and when I press the lower  inner thigh i can feel pain also.I have a constant pain in my groin area.Coupled to all this when I stand I get an aweful shooting pain and it feel like a knife going in.Could you possibly explain what this may be given all the symtoms (symptoms)

Thankyou
john
Hi John,
I do not know if this is related to your diabetes(such as neuropathy or possible decrease in blood flow when you cross your legs), or more likely related to a possible back problem. It may be muscular and related to a medication you are taking. I suggest speaking with your doctor soon, having a good neurological exam and possibly dopplers to determine blood flow in your legs, and possibly imaging of your back. Your doctor should be able to narrow it down after examining you in the office.
Take care.