Diabetes Expert Forum
pancreatitis and diabetes
About This Forum:

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

pancreatitis and diabetes

Hello,
    My 45 year old brother was taken to the Emergency Room on the 29th and had a blood glucose of 700.  He didn't even know he had diabetes.  After further testing it was determined he had liver damage and pancreatitis,  His blood sugar is now down to 100.  He is still in the ICU and is vomitting quite frequently.  His doctors say that the mortality level is quite high for these conditions when together,  Is there any information or hope you can give me?
  thanks,
Sally