Diabetes Expert Forum
pheriperial neurophaty
About This Forum:

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

pheriperial neurophaty

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes at 41 , [strong family history],since then,with a lot of work  I have been able to control my sugar levels with diet and pills , I have a couple of questions,1st. is't possible to do a pancreas transplant,if it's what are the risks , I recently change dr's and the first thing she did was to check my vit D levels,results were low and she told me to take 1200 mg daily ,and she said the a  recently new test study shows a high number of people with diabetes are low in vit D,I recently start with feet problems ,burning sensations,specialy at nigth [ I couldn't sleep] she gave me lyrica and works wanderful the only problem I gain some pounds around my waste line. thank u for u comment