Diabetes Expert Forum
pre-diabetes
About This Forum:

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

pre-diabetes

I am a 28 yo female.  I used a glucometer first thing in the am before I ate breakfast and my reading was 100.  Is this an accurate reading compared to a fasting blood glucose?  If so then at 100 I am "pre-diabetic" from all the numbers I have seen.  I know that diet and lifestyle play a part.  But I am young.  Could I really be pre-diabetic?  I do have some symptoms recently.  If I go to long without eating I get shaky, my eyes get tired and somewhat altered vision, and I just feel out of it.  I have been having problems with gaining weight although I eat frequently.  Any help would be appreciated.