Diabetes Expert Forum
sugar numbers wont go down

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

sugar numbers wont go down
i just got diagnosed with type2 diabetes. my fasting number was 13.5ml/dl. for 2 days now all i have eaten was 3 tins of tuna. my blood sugar levels are still 11.0 ml/dl . i dont know what to do. ron
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

You need to speak with your primary care physician so that you can receive some nutritional/dietary counseling about your diabetes.  If possible, meet with a diabetic educator who can help you establish a quality meal plan.  Eating just tuna will not drop your blood sugar levels.  You need to eat a well balanced diet.  YOu can also go on the American Diabetes Association website for some nutritional guidelines.  However, you need to speak with someone ASAP so that you can start to get your sugars under control and regular.  Good luck.

Bridget
THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING TO MY QUESTION. I WAS FEELING HORRIBLE . I STARTED TO EAT A LITTLE MORE AND THEN MY SUGARS CAME DOWN TO 6.2ML. AND HAVE STAYED PRETTY CONSISTANT FOR THE LAST 3 DAYS.