Diabetes Expert Forum
thyroid and diabetes
About This Forum:

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

thyroid and diabetes

I had only 1 nodule less than a year ago now after another ultrasound there are more and even with insulin my sugars are all overthe place even if I do not eat and I am experiencing many problems.  Is there concern that now I have more swelling, more nodules, and difficulty swallowing anything, and I wake up coughing or can not stop coughing.  I have been on tapazole and there is no positive effect from the med but more nodules and increased size of thyroid itself.  I am unable to get an edocrinologist to listen to me as I feel like yuck and I have been sik for 6 years almost dies 2 times and no one is listening.
Related Discussions
291531_tn?1193614293
Hello,
I am sorry about my delayed reply, I have been on vacation.

A nodular thyroid can be quite common and not necessarily worrisome, but if your nodules are increasing in size and you are experiencing some compression symptoms(like the trouble swallowing) you should speak with your doctor about having these attended to as soon as possible. Options would include repeat biopsy as well as surgical removal, after discussion with your doctor.

You will also need to have our insulin regimen adjusted if your glucose levels are still high.

I am sorry I cannot offer more specific advice but your situation truly requires an extensive visit wth your physician in order to sort these issues out and get them treated appropriately. Please schedule an appointment as soon as you can.

Take care.

1 Comment
Blank
A related discussion, diabetes and thyroid/choleterol etc. was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank