Diabetes Expert Forum
tingling/burning sensation on fingers & toes

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

I am a 50 y/o type 2 diabetic for 10 years.  In the last 2 weeks I've had tingling/burning sensation on fingers (except by the pinkies) & toes, specially felt more at night but relieved while sleeping, by morning is not felt as much.  I am on insulin. I have not gone see my doctor for this problem, because I don't feel comfortable talking to them.  I am also a computer typist by day.
Given the duration of your diabetes, it  is quite possible that this is diabetic neuropathy(how well controlled is your diabetes?). However as macgyver16 pointed out, given your occupation you may also have symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome. Either way, you should have it evaluated because there are successful treatments for these conditions, and both can get worse without intervention. If you are not comfortable with your current physician please try to find another with whom you are more comfortable. Your health is certainly worth the extra effort.
Take care.
monitor your blood glucose level, maybe it is peripheral neuropathy, now other causes could be carpal tunnel syndrome, compression of the median nerve, common among typist, get yer self evaluated...,
A related discussion, sudden feeling of burning tip of fingers was started.