Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
1 Polyp was found and removed

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

1 Polyp was found and removed

Well I had the colonoscopy and they found a polyp and removed it. Now I am really nervous waiting for results. The GI said it was great that I was a "worry wart" and took the initiative. My regulary GP just blew it off as internal hemorrhoids I think mainly because of my age (28)but I made an appt with the GI regardless. I want to thank you all for encouraging me to pursuing it. Now I only pray that the biopsy comes back ok.
Just had mine done 1/28. Agree with all the other comments regarding prep [disgusting tasting Fleet's], uneventful actual day of procedure [out, don't remember anything after first 3 minutes], little to no residual discomfort. [Two polyps, small - "sessile" - removed; Benign, at least from first assessment.]

Had to be taken next door to the hospital radiology / xray dept to have a BE [barium enema] and xrays, because GI Dr couldn't get to final part of colon with scope. "The colon was extremely tortuous and redundant and the cecum could not be reached despite multiple attempts including advancement and scope withdrawl (withdrawal)."

More disgusting, more discomfort. But it's over now. Relieved, at least from the initial reports.

48 hours later: Now constipated. Don't know if barium enemas routinely cause this? I've never had one before, so have no personal experience to go on.
So glad you had this done.  Let us know what you hear from the biopsy report - probably next week sometime?  Most likely it is benign!!!!
Just wanted to let all know that I received the results and they say it was a hyperplastic polyp which is benign. THANK YOU GOD!! This has been a real roller coaster ride but thankfully this ride is now over for now..
Wow, that is so wonderful.  Kinda gives you a new perspective on life, doesn't it. That kind of polyp is the kind that does not turn malignant.  Great news.  Did the doctor advise you to have a colonoscopy again, like in 5 years or more?  That is really great news!!!