Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
10 years on from alcoholic cirrhosis
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
10 years on from alcoholic cirrhosis
Posted By JR on January 04, 1999 at 08:49:40:

I had a drinking problem in my 20s. In 1988 I showed abnormal liver count and had a biopsy. It showed alcoholic cirrhosis. I was told very little about the state of my liver, except that if I gave up drink I could have a normal life. I gave up alcohol on the spot and never drank since.
Now in my 30s I am in reasonably good health, no liver problems since and all my liver counts have been normal. I developed MS three years ago, so far very mild. But I am wondering what if I need medication for my illness.
I don't feel the cirrhosis has progressed in that after a few months off alcohol I was in really good health. I have taken the normal type of medications over the years - antibiotics for infection etc. However I have recently had a test result which showed ACTIVE HHV6 virus. I really feel very unhappy that this invader is having fun in my system and wonder if antivirals would play havoc with my liver.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now