Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
4cm mass in pancreas tail
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

4cm mass in pancreas tail

Posted By michelle on March 15, 1999 at 15:01:12:

I am 32 yr old female that initially went to internist for recurring severe stabbing pain in upper abdomen that radiated to upper back. Was prescribed prilosec for 4 weeks and have had no additional episodes. Also have recurring diarrhea that still continues, on occassion it is watery, but almost aways very small diameter and stringy. Internist sent me for ct scan after he felt an upper abdominal mass. Ct showed 4cm mass in the tail of the pancreas with focal enlargement- no other abnormalities and does not show a difference in density from rest of pancreas on scan.  Next test was ERCP which showed everything as normal. Apparently all blood test have been normal.  I am scheduled for fine needle aspiration biopsy this week and I have several questions. Could the diarrhea be related to the pancreas mass? What would be possible diagnosis in someone my age?
Thank you