Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Abdominal soreness
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Abdominal soreness

I'm a 29 y/o male. In late March, I had an upper gi done(No abnormalities other than "slight reflux" were discovered).I was too aware of the fact that barium could cause constipation. Therefore, I made every attempt to obey the urge to go. During a few of these attempts, I'd strain real hard. At times, I think I was trying to move something that wasn't there. Since then, I've had abdominal soreness that occurs, for the most part, when I'm walking. For the most part, it's not severe. However, there's been a few occasions that it's hurt pretty bad. Particularly, when I've been working for while (i.e moving furniture, lifting boxes).The pain is in the soft spot of the abdomen, below the sternum. There's some discomfort in the lower abdominal region, as well Occasionaly, I experience pelvic discomfort. For instance, sometimes I like to sleep in a fetal postion, I'll experience some discomfort....
     My question is, could the straining done any significant damage? Are there any chances I could have developed a hiatal hernia? I visited my doctor, recently. He said if the pain persists,he'd check my gallbladder. Or, maybe run a stress test.
     Thanks for your time.