Abnormal liver ultrasound
I am a 29 year old woman with abdomenal pain, nausea, and vomiting. I recently took a abdomonal ultrasound and was told I had a hepatic adenoma. What is this and why would it hurt?
An adenoma is a benign lesion/tumor.  Hapatic obviously refers to your liver.  Therefore my understanding (I am not a Dr.) would be that this is a benign tumor found on the liver.  I further understand hepatic adenomas to be quite rare and may be linked to oral contraceptives.  In any event, as to why this would make your stomach hurt?  Well your liver is located in the upper right quadrant of the abdomen, any abnormal growth in that area...especially in an organ as vital as the liver would definitely lead to some abdominal discofort or pain.  You don't mention the size and or what they plan on doing about it??  Best of luck.
A related discussion, Effects of cholecystectomy was started.