Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Abnormal stool

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Abnormal stool

I posted back on Jan2 under "severe pain" although that pain is gone, I have new symptoms.  I have not seen a doctor and would prefer to hold off as I have a lot business travel planned the next 3 wks and don't have time. However, maybe someone here will
have some insight.  Here's the thing, I just don't feel like I', emptying. My stomach is bloated and lots of gas, I am having bowel movements but they are very small and just little balls (sorry for the graphics).  I do take a fiber/natural laxative daily prescribed by my doctor, so that is not the problem. Could I have some sort of blockage? Does anyone know if it is safe for me to try a fleet enema? Has anyone had a similar situation. Altough I am not in pain, I am certainly very uncomfortable and it is not making for a happy person. Any response would be appreciated.
Tags: stool, bowel, Pain
The basics: See a Doctor:: while you're waiting:  1. Drink lots of water, as much as you can hold.  2.  No caffine--coffee, coke, candy, etc.  3. Eat healthy-- cut down on fat, salt, spices, eat fruit and veggies.  4. Exercise-- just going for a walk will loosen up your bowels.  As far as the enema I don't know if it would hurt or not.  I have heard to make sure that you don't use one with oils, in it as it might make things worse by coating the inside of your bowel and the stools.
Thank you for your response. I do drink lots of water and excercise, but I must admit that as far as caffine goes I'm guilty. I drink approximately 60oz a day( I know how bad that is) and as for eating healthy, well, I don't eat fattening, but I really don't eat much and when I do it's pretty much, pretzels, salad or rice cakes.  I'm a 28 yr old female in good health and lower range of the weight index for my height. I know that a doctor would be a godd idea in the future, but I have a chronically ill 4 yr old, I work a high stress job and just can't find the time. Thank god for this site, at least I can attempt to self treat through suggestions. I'm confident this is nothing serious or I would of course seek medical care, it's just uncomfortable and irritating. Again, thanks for the suggestions.
my problems included (sorry for the graphics) little round "rabbit dropping" all day long.  other times wormy-looking or flat stool, for years.  also, mucus coated stool. and blowing up--up and down all day at work--embarrassing.( i am a nervous person, could that be because i dring coffee and coke?--i have cut them out) and diahrea.Please read my comments to Ikaras and mookie.  try tagamet HB before every meal and like wilson said, cut out coffee' and candy bars(fat).
Thank you Bumblebee, I will try the tagament, and the symptoms you describe are to a "T" mine!
I am happy to hide behind a nickname as this topic is a bit delicate.  I shall try to keep it "polite."  I have experienced "intestinal difficulties" for years--since I was in my early 20's and still in college (I am now in my mid-40's).  The severe abdominal pains that I had back then sent me to the library to try and determine what was wrong.  I worried about colon cancer back then, though I knew it would be rare for my age.  I concluded that it was irritable bowel, due to stress.  I was a full-time student, had an almost full-time job, and was supporting a family.  In the course of several years I reasoned that I would not still be around had the symptoms been due to something as serious as cancer.  But symptoms have persisted.  To borrow from a description in another post here, stools have been either "rabbit-like" or "worm-like" or a combination.  Mucus has also been a factor. I suffer frequent abdominal pains and wind.  The most recent development--which was the occasion of my seeking out this forum--is the passage of some foods (vegetables) intact, as though my system is incapable of digesting them.  I wonder if this is symptomatic of any serious conditions, but I am not sure even how to go about conducting a search to find out.  I am not wholly unwilling to consult my doctor about such symptoms, but neither am I eager to do so.  Any advice here would be appreciated.