Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
About pain in upper left chest area around nipple
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

About pain in upper left chest area around nipple

Yes I read that here that this is sometimes caused by gallstones. My problem is as follows.

I am a 22 year old male and for the past three months I have been haveing slight pain in my upper chest area around and just below the left nipple.  Its like a feeling of fullness and sometimes I have a sharp pain that is on my left side rib area also the fullness normally is below my left nipple a couple inches and to the right a inch or two.  I notice that usally after eating a normal meal brings it about and it usally dont happen to the afternoon.  This has also brought on a little anxiety.  I had a ecg done and it came back normal I had sinus tach due to anxiety at the time of chest pain and also sinus arrythmia.  I was wondering is it possible that I could have a hiatal hernia or maybe gall stones or something.  Something else to add is use to I could eat anything without the acid feeling in my throat and now when I eat pizza or something after eating it I have a burning type feeling in my throat that I use to not have. Also my bowel movements have changed slightly.  The doctor listened to my heart and everything a few months ago when I first told her of my pain and said that everything sounds fine.  My bp runs high about 148/90 which i am currently working on.  Along with this pain now I am haveing problems sleeping.  I also just switched jobs and the job I use to work at I did a substantal amount of lifting.  I am wondering what might be causeing this feeling of fullness and pain I have it at rest when not doing nothing no elevated pulse rate now that Im over the anxiety a little bit.

Any help is appreciated.

THanks
tann