Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Accupuncture, Accupressure

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Accupuncture, Accupressure

Have you tried either of these to help with your chronic suffering due to heartburn, digestive, abdominal pain, sore throat symptoms ?
Please share
I have just contacted my accupuncturist on this matter and yes there is a lot that can be done in this field.  After it all, it is the vagus nerve,I believe, that controls the production of the hor mone gastrin in our stomachs, and so we come full circle to the whole pr emise of chinese medicine.  Control  the overamped nerves and the  rest takes care of itself
Thank you, Are you currently seeking this type of  therapy and if so , Has it helped and what symptoms ?
I have been suggested to try this and really wanted some personal experiences to help . Do you believe this would help GERD, Heartburn, stomach pains even if digestive.
Many Ins. company's are now covering 25% , Although I wonder if one needs many visits or is it like therapy and a once a week for a year requirement in which $150.00 ea. session would really accumulate the fees.
Any FEedback
I had a ruptured appendix 4 months ago and had constant diarhea (diarrhea) averging 10 times a day.  The doctor said it was IBS caused by the surgery.  I stated going to an acupuncturist for an unrelated problem involving toe and leg cramps.  I still have the cramps, though not as bad, but my IBS went away completely.  That Dr. said that the points they use on the legs also helps stomach problems.  It is worth a try.
Do you think Acupuncture could help our stomachs or GERD symptoms ?
I so enjoy relaxing and having needles put in me is not as bad as a endoscopy ; Although deep breathing ; help me with that.
I have been suggested to try this from friends and still concerned that this chronic condition can't just change by another PPI : Your insight ?