Actigall

I am on 1200 mg/day Actigall for NASH (diagnosed by liver biopsy).  Without having another liver biopsy, is there any way of knowing if the Actigall is doing any good?  I was told I would be on the Actigall for a long time, but it is an expensive drug and I would like to have some reassurance that the drug is actually beneficial.
_________
Dear Allsion,
The efficacy for Actigall in the treatment of NASH is currently uncertain because the studies have not been completed.  We do not use Actigall to treat fatty liver (NASH) because  NASH is usually not a condition that progress to severwe liver scarring.
To determine if your liver condition is improving, serial liver tests can be performed.  the liver tests normalize as the fatty liver resolves.
This information is presented for educational purposes only.  Ask specific questions to your personal physician.
HFHSM.D.-rf
*keywords: fatty liver, Actigall
0.2