Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Adiposis Dolorosa???

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Adiposis Dolorosa???

Since this past June, I have had abdominal distortion and I can feel small grape size lumps that move. I am on Wellbutrin & Buspar among other RX's for hypertension, etc. I have had an ultrasound, abdominal CT scan, upper GI and the latest was an endoscopy. They found nothing and yet the upper part of my abdomen appears to be getting larger and is somewhat painful especially to the touch and right after eating. I am TOTALLY besides myself so am taking this problem into my own hands and doing lots of research. Found articles on Dercum's (adiposis dolorosa) and brought the information to my last doc's appointment which said an infusion of lidocaine might help but instead I got an injection of lidocaine right into my stomach which has caused a bruise and really didn't help the pain.  I'm sure that my doc thinks I'm neurotic to say the least but I am NOT imagining these symptoms.  I'M SO TIRED OF BEING SO UNCOMFORTABLE. Anyone with any ideas?  Desperate....
I'm wondering if the moving lumps are gas pockets, I have this and they move.  The stomach distention maybe just full of gas caused by maybe an overgrowth of yeast(candida). Get checked for this. Kaya
THIS IS TO CALIDREAMER, I ALSO HAVE THE EXACT SAME THING GOING ON WITH ME. I HAVE SMALL GRAPE SIZE LUMPS AND I TOO THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE THIS DISEASE. BUT YOU MENTIONED ONE THING! WELBUTRIN, EVER SINCE MY DOCTOR STARTED ME ON WELBUTRIN FOR MY DEPRESSION IS ABOUT WHEN THESE THINGS STARTED TO GROW. THEY ARE AROUND MY UPPER ABDOMEN AND ON BOTH SIDES OF MY RIB CAGES. WHEN YOU PRESS ON THEM THEY KIND OF SQUIRT TO THE SIDE AND ARE PAINFUL. I AM GOING TO TALK TO MY DOCTOR ABOUT SWITCHING TO ANOTHER ANTI-DEPPRESSANT AND SEE IF IT CLEARS UP. GOOD LUCK WITH YOURS!