Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
After Effects of Gall Bladder Removal

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

After Effects of Gall Bladder Removal

I am a 30 year old female who had a gall bladder removal 6  months ago. The initial investigation showed that  I had a hernia at the base of the oesophagus and acid reflux damage.  My gall bladder was in very bad condition, tests revealed that I may have had typhoid or similar as it was completed covered in gallstones and the gall bladder itself was mutated (like a gall bladder within a gallbladder).It also showed that  my liver was fine as was my pancreas. In the last 5 years, I had noticed intolerance to rich or fatty foods and specifically alcohol. Before removal I would often be violently ill on 1-2 glasses of wine or beer. This sometimes lasted all day. I hoped that the removal of the gall bladder may resolve this. In short, it hasn't. Additionally,  I seem to have increasing amounts of flatulence and stomach pain  whenever I eat .I know that I should stick to a low fat diet, but it seems even if I eat bran or cereals, fresh fruit, or pasta it still happens. I would very much appreciate any advice you could give me. I really do not want to have to continue plodding along with this discomfort. Thanks.
Although you say that the said your liver and pancreas were fine I would get your doctor to check out your pancreas again.  Especially since drinking wine makes you so sick.  I had my gallbladder removed in April of 2001 and continue to have problems.  After an ERCP in November I was diagnosed with Acute Pancreatitis.  My pancreatitis was caused by the procedure but there are many people out there that have trouble with their pancreas after having their gall bladder removed.  I just thought I'd give you that food for thought. Take care and best of luck to you.
I hate to keep talking about this but i had alot of the same symptoms and I have gastroparisis. might want to ck
I had my gallbladder removed last May. I too have the same symptoms of you. I am in very good shape, and I have been trying to eat healthier. I drink lots of water.  I can't drink beer or wine anymore or I get very sick.  Even one glass.  I get nausea, bloating, excessive gas, constipation or diarrhea.  It just varies.  I am sick and tired of feeling sick all the time and I don't know what to do. I don't eat things like I want to or use to. I can't eat seasoned foods (onions, garlic, etc.), stick w/bland. Eat fruits and veggies, still having bowel problems. I have heard there is a supplement you can take to help create bile to help with the digestion problems, but I don't know what it was called.
I have experienced a reoccurring case of "red Face" ever since my gall Bladder removal in 1996. Red/puffy aroud eyes, cheeks, foreheadAgrivated by eating or drinking. . In great health with no other symptoms.
Has anyone else ?
A related discussion, After having my gull bladder removed was started.
A related discussion, effects after gallbladder surgery was started.
A related discussion, pain after  gall stone surgery was started.